Thursday, August 13, 2009

Birthday Parties: Double Scoop Ice Cream Party!

Two of my fabulous friends just hosted an joint ice cream party for their two little ones who turned two! I LOVE the ice cream theme, and have been thinking about it for Kate's next birthday (March 2010). Since I did a CUPCAKE theme for her first, and LOLLIPOP theme for her second, it only seems appropriate to stick with something sweet!
Previously, I posted the invitation when I designed it, and a few of the photos I took, but I have some of the professional photos now to share with you!

Stef baked the adorable ice cream cone cupcakes, similar to the ones from this party I posted HERE. I created cupcake toppers with the birthday boy & girl's names, my ice cream illustration, "happy birthday" and the number "2".
An ice cream party is so easy and fun for celebrating any occasion! Stef & Taryn setup an ice cream bar with every topping imaginable. Yum!

The favor cones were adorable! Stef found them at the dollar store and filled them with candy, crayons & bubbles! I created the coordinating ice cream tags!

{all photos above by another fabulous friend, Tina at Live Love Photography}

If you're thinking about hosting an ice cream party, also check out this fabulous ice cream party hosted by one of my fave fellow party girls, Jess at Polka Dots & Pirates! Here's a peek:

8 comments:

Jess said...

OMG...thanks Kim! You know I <3 you right back! Such a cute party...love the cupcake toppers. Can't wait to see Kate's party this year. Maybe will give me some new ideas for my ice cream party next year? =)

Aaron [air] said...

My little girl also has been planning her own ice cream party and her birthday is also in March! I did ice cream cupcakes for my middle daughters bday and I will send you a photo when I get a chance. They turned out SO cute! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

I love this party! It's so cute!

Heather said...

How fun, I love this idea!! I love your idea of a lollipop theme for my girls second birthday next year!! Will you come take pictures for me!! :) These pics are fabulous!

Petit (Australia) said...

Love the idea of an "Ice Cream Party" will have to try this out for my daughter's 8th birthday in October.

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

SUCH a cute idea!! What a gorgeous party!

Heather said...

My daughter has decided on a ice cream theme for her birthday, too! I gathered some ideas from the web and posted on my blog--take a look! (but hopefully not in FireFox...we're having issues.

http://partynpink.blogspot.com/2009/07/i-scream-you-scream.html

Unknown said...

I have been looking everywhere for the cone cups for party favors, which dollar store? Dollar Tree? Dollar General? Your help would be appreciated!!!